8th Grade Travel
Dates: Wednesday, April 19, 2023 until Friday, April 21, 2023
1) Click here to create an online account with Hemisphere Travel
2) Use the Web/Tour Code: 23TA16237
3) Create an account and register with a $300 deposit to reserve your spot.
4) First deposit due October 5, 2022
Final Date to Register: December 7, 2022
All Admission Fees to Scheduled Activities
2 Nights at Hotel & Overnight Hotel Security
2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
All Taxes and Gratuities
A one-of-a-kind, fun-filled educational experience
Here's a few things on the possible itinerary:
Arlington National Cemetery
Moonlight Spirit Cruise with Dinner & DJ
US Marine Corps Memorial Capitol Building Tour
Capitol Hill Tour
George Washington's Mount Vernon
African-American History Museum
Holocaust Memorial Museum
Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
Start: Please arrive at O'Hare Airport Southwest Terminal 5 (Departures) at 4:30 am on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
End: Please arrange for pick up from O'Hare Airport Southwest Terminal 5 (Arrivals) at 10:30 pm on Friday April 21, 2023
- Zoom - DC Meeting on Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Optional: Parents and/or students are welcome to join.
- We will review the itinerary (below), expectations, dress code, phone policy, what's included, sites, food, spending money, and answer any questions.
- Final Itinerary Hawthorne 2023 DC
- Phone & Packing Supervision Form NOTE: This form is due the morning of the trip.
- Phone Policy: Please note that if parents send their child with a phone they will be collected after we land in Washington D.C. and will be returned sometime near the end of our travels. This policy reflects the belief that the trip should be educational and authentic peer to peer interactions without the distraction of technology. We have found the trip is much more manageable and enjoyable for the chaperones and students without competing against technology. Thanks for understanding.
Dress Code/Bring: Please plan to wear dressy –casual, age-appropriate, tasteful attire (i.e. khaki pants or shorts, collared or nice shirts, summer dress, decent shoes, etc.). It is expected that students will dress appropriate to our visit to the Arlington National Cemetery and the boat tour along the Potomac River. Please consider bringing rain gear, light jacket, comfortable shoes, and a disposable camera labeled with student's name on it.
No: Basketball shorts or hoods or hats inside of buildings.
Carry-on luggage ONLY:
- 3-1-1 for carry-ons
- Three 4 ounce bottles or less
- 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag
- 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin
History Fair Club:
History Fair is optional in 8th Grade.
See Mr. Streit for more details.