7th Grade Travel
Dates: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Times: 5:30 a.m. drop-off - 8:45 pick-up
Register Online: Hemisphere Travel
2) Use the Web/Tour Code: 23TA16471
3) Create an account, register and reserve your spot.
Initial Registration Deadline:
11/15/22 ($20 late fee after November 15)
Final Payment Deadline: 2/20/23
All Admission Fees to Scheduled Activities
Lunch & Dinner
All Taxes and Gratuities
A one-of-a-kind, fun-filled educational experience
Here's a few things on the possible itinerary:
WWII/Korean/Vietnam War Memorials
Final Itinerary TBD
Health Forms TBD
- Please remember lunch and dinner is provided. You may want to bring a breakfast snack.
- Please remember to dress business casual with a decent pair of shoes. No graphic t-shirts, no hoodies, and no hats.
- Unit Question - When is conflict excused as means to an end?
- Historical Context - Renaissance, Reformation, Early Explorers, Age of Exploration, Old World meets the New Word
- Final Assessment – Columbus vs. Taino People Debate
- Unit Question - Are contemporary socio/political beliefs a direct reflection of those held by our earliest colonial forefathers?
- Historical Context – The Quakers, Puritans, Separatists, New England Colonies, Middle Colonies, South Colonies, Triangular Trade (slavery)
- Final Assessment - 13 Colonies Geography Quiz & Colonial History Test
- Unit Question – Why do people rebel?
- Historical Context – The American Revolution, Taxation without Representation, Enlightened thinkers, General George Washington
- Final Assessment – The Meaning of Liberty & The American Revolution Unit Test
- Unit Question - How do economic needs and wants affect decisions of individuals, groups, and institutions (political and social)?
- Historical Context - Louisiana Purchase, Lewis & Clark, Manifest Destiny, Missouri Compromise, 3/5ths Compromise, John Brown, Kansas Nebraska Act, Compromise Collapse
- Final Assessment - Federalists Papers, Bill of Rights Quiz, & War of 1812 Quiz
- Unit Question - What is power and how is it gained, used, and justified?
- Historical Context – Civil War, Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Ulysses S. Grant, Robert E. Lee
- Final Assessment – Unit Exam - Civil War Test
- Unit Question - Progress at what cost? When should society control individuals? How are diverse cultures alike and different?
- Historical Context - Reconstruction, Immigration, Industrialization, Urbanization, Great Migration, Labor Unions
- Final Assessment – Unit Exam - Progress at What Cost? / The Changing Face of America