7th Grade Trip to Springfield IL on May 3rd
- 5:30 - Arrive at Hawthorne Scholastic Academy
- 7A - Final Itinerary - Bus #1
- 7B - Final Itinerary - Bus #2
- 9:00 - Return to Hawthorne Scholastic Academy
- Please remember to bring a sack lunch and dinner is provided.
- Please remember to dress business casual with a decent pair of shoes. No graphic t-shirts, no hoodies, and no hats.
- Please remember to bring a mask.
- It is supposed to rain all day, please consider bringing a raincoat. Umbrellas will not be permitted in the State Capitol and the Lincoln Presidential Museum.
Mr. Streit's website has be redesigned to help students and parents better navigate each unit, lesson, and assignments.
If you need help finding something, search by clicking command and F (Mac) or control and F (Windows).
- Unit Question - When is conflict excused as means to an end?
- Historical Context - Renaissance, Reformation, Early Explorers, Age of Exploration, Old World meets the New Word
- Final Assessment – Columbus vs. Taino People Debate
- Unit Question - Are contemporary socio/political beliefs a direct reflection of those held by our earliest colonial forefathers?
- Historical Context – The Quakers, Puritans, Separatists, New England Colonies, Middle Colonies, South Colonies, Triangular Trade (slavery)
- Final Assessment - 13 Colonies Geography Quiz & Colonial History Test
- Unit Question – Why do people rebel?
- Historical Context – The American Revolution, Taxation without Representation, Enlightened thinkers, General George Washington
- Final Assessment – The Meaning of Liberty & The American Revolution Unit Test
- Unit Question - How do economic needs and wants affect decisions of individuals, groups, and institutions (political and social)?
- Historical Context - Louisiana Purchase, Lewis & Clark, Manifest Destiny, Missouri Compromise, 3/5ths Compromise, John Brown, Kansas Nebraska Act, Compromise Collapse
- Final Assessment - Federalists Papers, Bill of Rights Quiz, & War of 1812 Quiz
- Unit Question - What is power and how is it gained, used, and justified?
- Historical Context – Civil War, Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Ulysses S. Grant, Robert E. Lee
- Final Assessment – Unit Exam - Civil War Test
- Unit Question - Progress at what cost? When should society control individuals? How are diverse cultures alike and different?
- Historical Context - Reconstruction, Immigration, Industrialization, Urbanization, Great Migration, Labor Unions
- Final Assessment – Unit Exam - Progress at What Cost? / The Changing Face of America