Mr. Streit's website has be redesigned to help students and parents better navigate each unit, lesson, and assignments.
If you need help finding something, search by clicking command and F (Mac) or control and F (Windows).
The Annual 7th Grade Trip to
- Register & Pay here: Brightspark Travel
- Tour Web Code: T5VR28G
- Trip date: Thursday, May 28th
- Cost: $164 & $15 optional RGP (Travel Insurance)
- Final Registration Date: April 17, 2020
- Registration: HSA Springfield Parent Registration Letter 2020
- Itinerary: HSA Preliminary Itinerary 2020
- Terms & Conditions: HSA Travel
- Important Note: Depart from Hawthorne at 5:15 a.m., please arrive no later than 5:00 a.m. Approximate arrival back to Hawthorne is 9:45 p.m.
- Want to discover more? Try this: IL State: Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum (including details & policies)
- Questions? Please contact Brightspark at 877-545-0070
- Chaperones: (6 Chaperones) 2020 - Ms. Willuweit, Ms. Spinak, Ms. Feaman, Mr. Gach, Ms. Zikoski, & Mrs. Nivens
- Unit Question - When is conflict excused as means to an end?
- Historical Context - Renaissance, Reformation, Early Explorers, Age of Exploration, Old World meets the New Word
- Final Assessment – Columbus vs. Taino People Debate
- Unit Question - Are contemporary socio/political beliefs a direct reflection of those held by our earliest colonial forefathers?
- Historical Context – The Quakers, Puritans, Separatists, New England Colonies, Middle Colonies, South Colonies, Triangular Trade (slavery)
- Final Assessment - Colony Brochure
- Unit Question – Why do people rebel?
- Historical Context – The American Revolution, Taxation without Representation, Enlightened thinkers, General George Washington
- Final Assessment - Unit 3 Exam – The Meaning of Liberty & The American Revolution or The American Revolution (Top 5) Podcast
- Unit Question - How do citizens (both individually and collectively) influence government policy?
- Historical Context - Birth of a Nation, Federalists vs. Anti-Federalists, Articles of Confederation, Constitution
- Final Assessment - Constitution Exam (Federal & State)
- Unit Question - How do economic needs and wants affect decisions of individuals, groups, and institutions (political and social)?
- Historical Context - Louisiana Purchase, Lewis & Clark, Manifest Destiny, Missouri Compromise, 3/5ths Compromise, John Brown, Kansas Nebraska Act, Compromise Collapse
- Final Assessment - War of 1812 Quiz
- Unit Question - What is power and how is it gained, used, and justified?
- Historical Context – Civil War, Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Ulysses S. Grant, Robert E. Lee
- Final Assessment – Unit Exam - Civil War Test