Mr. Streit's website has be redesigned to help students and parents better navigate each unit, lesson, and assignments.
If you need help finding something, search by clicking command and F (Mac) or control and F (Windows).
Units of Study
- Unit Question - What can geography and the past tell us about today?
- Historical Context - Basic concepts, geography, and natural resources related to ancient civilizations including those of Ancient Mesopotamia
- Final Assessment – Unit 1 Exam - Ancient Mesopotamia Test
- Unit Question – Do individuals create culture and does culture create individuals?
- Historical Context – Ancient kingdoms of Africa (including Ancient Egypt, Ancient Nubia, Ancient Ghana, Ancient Songhai, Ancient Mali), Mesoamerica and the early American civilizations
- Final Assessment – Ancient Egypt and Nubia Kingdoms Quiz, West African Kingdoms Quiz, & Mesoamerican Civilizations Quiz
- Unit Question - What is power? Where does it come from?
- Historical Context - Ancient Greece, Greek Mythology and Philosophies, Homer’s Iliad and The Odyssey
- Final Assessment – Greek Democracy Speech/Election (created by student generated questions)
- Unit Questions - See Unit 3 & Unit 4
- Historical Context - Ancient Greece & Ancient Rome with connections to the present
- Final Assessment - See Unit 3 & Unit 4
- Unit Question - Are governments necessary for the protection of people in society?
- Historical Context - Ancient Rome, Rise and Fall of the Roman Republic, and the Roman Empire
- Final Assessment - Roman Dictatorship Speech/Election (created by student generated questions) including debate of Greek Democracy vs. Roman Dictatorship
- Unit Question - How do economic needs and wants affect decisions of individuals, groups, and institutions (political and social)?
- Historical Context - Feudalism and the Medieval Age, the Dark Ages, the Silk Road, the Formation of the Modern State
- Final Assessment – Silk Road Business Plan Presentation (TBD)
- Unit Question - Why do individuals have different perspectives and biases (How are biases formed)?
- Historical Context - World Religions, the Renaissance, the Reformation, the Age of Exploration
- Final Assessment - World Religion Webquest
- Unit Question - Do geographical factors influence historical events?
- Historical Context - Ancient civilizations of China, Communist China, Economic growth in Asia
- Final Assessment - TBD
- Unit Question - Does the majority population have a responsibility to protect the rights of the minority population?
- Historical Context - Columbian Exchange to Global Economy
- Final Assessment - TBD