Unit 8 - Highway to Globalization
- Unit Question - Does the majority population have a responsibility to protect the rights of the minority population?
- Historical Context - Columbian Exchange to Global Economy
- Final Assessment - Review The Continents Showcase and analyze the effects that create globalization (TBD)
Columbian Exchange to Globalization
Discussion Questions: Is globalization good or bad for the global economy? Does the majority population have a responsibility to protect the rights of the minority population?
Columbian Exchange to Globalization Resources:
- CRASH COURSE: The Columbian Exchange
- CRASH COURSE: Globalization I - The Upside
- CRASH COURSE: Globalization II - Good or Bad?
(Linking Asia & The World)
Read p.630-635 in your World History textbook and answer the Economic Growth (Linking Asia & The World) questions in your COMP books:
- What is a trading bloc? What is impact of trading blocs being formed throughout the World?
- Define gross national product.
- Name four trading blocs and list their members.
- Explain the role of the World Trade Organization.
- Critical Thinking: What might economic conditions be like in countries that belong to no trading blocs? Explain your answer.
- Which countries have the largest population?
- Which countries have the highest gross domestic product (GDP)?